Thursday, November 17, 2016

Book Review: THE WILD'S CALL by Jeri Smith-Ready


The Wild's Call (Aspect of Crow, #0.5)

Title: The Wild's Call
Author: Jeri Smith-Ready
Category/Genre: Adult Fantasy
My Star Rating: 4/5

Goodreads Blurb:

It is seven years after the collapse of modern civilization, and the world is entering a new Dark Age. Can best friends Elysia and Darien trust the animal spirits that are beckoning them to escape into the wilderness and create a new way of life? And will they give in to the mutual passion they've always denied?
Don't miss this thrilling prequel story set in the same world as Jeri Smith-Ready's Aspect of Crow trilogy: Eyes of Crow, Voice of Crow and The Reawakened.
 

My Review: 

 I'm trying to base my judgement on the fact that this is a prequel to a full series.  Having never read any of the other books, I'd say this was a sufficient introduction.  Given how short the story was, I have no complaints on the character development.  The writing was crisp, and the dialogue believable.  No insta-love here (yay!).  Best friends to lovers is a trope I enjoy.  The plot could've used some fleshing out, but again, this was not supposed to be a full novel.  I just felt there was no real obstacle to overcome, which left me a little meh about the whole thing.  I'd probably read the next book in the series because I do like the direction the story-line was headed in when it cut off.

No comments:

Post a Comment